What is new
- Recent tasks: new screen; new option in running applications widget; new recent application widget
- Stay awake: new stay awake toggle with wake lock feature; available for widgets, profiles and device information screen
- New refresh widget toggle with the option to refresh the current widget or every widgets
- Usb tethering toggle fix for ICS using the system add-on
- System add-on: download apk, usb tethering toggle for ICS
- Other small changes, bugfixes (sd mount toggle)
There is a new recent tasks screen available from Elixir 2 if you click on the running icon on the main page. This screen displays recent tasks with the most recent being first and older ones after in order:
The Running applications widget has a new recent applications option. If you select this option then clicking on the icon will open a dialog with recent applications:
And there is a new Recent application widget which displays an application from the recent applications list. You can set the index of the application in the recent applications list and the refresh rate too. Adding multiple icons with this type to your widget will create a dynamic list of applications which changes from time to time:
You can change stay awake setting from Elixir now. If you open the device information screen and click on the battery or display row there is a new Change stay awake option where you can change this setting:
This toggle can be used in widgets too:
You can set to toggle between states or to open the setting dialog:
There is a stay awake always option which uses the wake lock method to keep your device awake. Don’t use this setting for long because it can drain your battery faster.
Refresh widget toggle
There is a new Refresh widget toggle you can use in widgets. If you click on the toggle then the widget will be refreshed or you can set if you would like to refresh every other widgets too. It can be useful if you use icons with refresh rates, for example Unread email count, Memory, Running applications, etc and set refresh rate to a large value. In this case you can refresh the state of these icons by clicking on the refresh toggle.
The new release of system add-on makes it possible to download system add-on apk if you would like to use the adb tool to convert it to a system app. This version makes it possible for ICS devices to toggle usb tethering too.