What is new
- New widget type: Battery voltage
- New widget type: Volume profile selector toggle, can open selector dialog or toggle between profiles
- CPU freq widget can display current freq, min freq or max freq as label
- Ringtone toggle: custom ringtone can be picked and activated
- Airplane mode toggle: opens system settings screen from Android 4.2
- Next alarm widget: new label and image when alarm is not set
- Device info screen / cpu row: uses red progress bar
- Ukrainian and italian language
- Other fixes and small changes
Battery voltage widget
There is a new battery voltage widget which displays voltage as label and opens the Battery usage screen by default if you click on it.
Volume profile selector toggle
This new toggle makes it possible to activate a volume profile faster. This toggle displays the latest activated profile as label and opens a dialog to activate a profile when you click on it. Using this toggle you can activate any profile with only two clicks:
If you have only two profiles then you can set this toggle to toggle directly between profiles without opening the dialog. Open the widget editor screen, click long on the toggle and set the Set open dialog option to false to activate this feature. In this case you can switch between profiles with only one click:
If you click on the Ringtone toggle then there is a new Open button at the bottom of the dialog. If you click on it you will be able to open a custom ringtone if you have an application to pick a file. For example I have ES File Explorer which makes it possible to select an mp3 file and set as a custom ringtone. After you did it this ringtone will be displayed right in the ringtone selector.
Using this new feature you can set custom ringtones with profiles too.
What is new
- New widget type: Screen Orientation toggle
- Flash toggle changes screen timeout when white screen is used
- Optimization of Recent applications widget type
- Optimization of Shortcut widget types
- Optimization of Wallpaper toggle
- Tethering & hotspot, Wifi hotspot system screens can be opened from widgets and device info screen
- Restore backup files fix
- Small changes and bugfixes
Changing screen orientation
There is new Screen orientation toggle you can use in widgets and profiles:
If you click on the toggle you can select the orientation you would like to use:
You can change back to normal operation by selecting default.
If you click long on the toggle on the widget editor screen then you can assign an orientation to the toggle. If you do so then to toggle will switch between the selected orientation and the default setting.
What is new
- New NFC toggle which opens the settings screen
- Lock toggle can work with pin/password protection (admin add-on is needed)
- Software info screen: new accessibility, drm and media effects rows; synchronization is moved here; rows can be hidden
- Uninstall screen is removed and all the features are moved to the add-ons screen
- Profiles: enable/disable application action (works only on rooted devices)
- Support of Relative humidity sensor
- Displays new information available from ICS
- Other small changes and bugfixes (gps toggle)
A new NFC toggle is available for widgets. This toggle opens system settings screen because it is not possible in Android for a third-party application to turn NFC on/off.
Lock toggle with pin/password protection
Lock toggle can be used from this version together with pin or password lock screen security. There is a new Set password option for this toggle if you long click on the toggle on the widget editor screen. Make sure that you set the same pin/password as you set for the lock screen:
It is important that Admin add-on 2.2 is needed to use this new feature. If this version is installed and device admin is enabled and you have set a password for the lock toggle then password will be disabled if you turn lock toggle off and will be set to the password you set for the toggle if you turn toggle on.
Changes on software information screen
The Synchronization row is moved from the device information screen here because it is a software-related information. There is a new Accessibility row which displays information about accessibility services:
If you scroll down you can see that there are two more new rows: DRM Engines and Media effects. Media effects are available only from ICS:
If you click on the settings icon in the header then you can hide or show any of the rows of the software information screen:
Add-ons and Uninstall screens
The add-ons and uninstall screens were redundant because they both displayed information about add-ons. So I removed the uninstall screen and moved all the functionality into the add-ons screen. You can safely uninstall applications there and you can see the current versions too:
New information available from ICS
Elixir 2 now supports and displays information available only from ICS devices:
- applications: external code size; flags; ui options
- bluetooth: profile connection states; device uuids
- synchronization: adapter type / settings activity
- features: wifi direct
- camera: auto-exposure lock; auto-white balance lock; max number of detected faces; max number of matering areas; max number of focus areas; focus areas; metering areas; is video snapshot supported; video stabilization
- settings: touch exploration enabled
- input devices: stylus class
What is new
- New Backup screen: you can backup and restore any Elixir related setting
- New Screen filter toggle: color and transparency can be set
- Applications/Running data/Top screen: remembers last sort by setting
- Logcat/Dmesg logs screen: new search option to search something without filtering out other lines
Backup and restore data
There is new backup screen available from the main screen of Elixir 2. From this screen you can create backups of every settings related to Elixir 2 and Elixir 2 - Widgets. You can create a new backup if you click on the Backup button.
A backup item displays the folder, file name and size of the backup. The file name contains the creation date. If you click on a backup item you can restore, share or delete that backup. Sharing option is available only for donators.
Creating home screen widgets cannot be done by the application itself. But the restore function makes the widget definitions of home screen widgets available in the backup directory of widgets so you can manually restore from the widget editor screen. These widget definitions are stored in backups with name like this: __4x2_23__.
Screen filter toggle
The new Screen filter toggle can be used if you want to make your screen darker. On some devices the lowest brightness setting is too bright for some case and you can use this toggle to make it darker by changing transparency and setting color to black:
And you can change not only transparency but color too if you long click on the toggle in the widget editor and select Set filter color option. This feature is for fun:
You can use this toggle both in widgets and profiles.
Searching in logs
Now there is a new Search option available on the Logcat logs and Dmesg logs screens. If you search a text then no lines will be filtered out (but you can user filters too if you want) but matches lines will be displayed as inverted:
What is new
- New widget: bookmarks, history
- Flash toggle: can display a white screen with max brightness
- Bluetooth toggles: open state-chooser dialog
- Widget customization: change label color; custom colors for on/off/unread/missed states (donators only)
- Better widget performance
- System add-on: mobile data toggle
- Other small changes, bugfixes (screen toggle fix for ics)
A new Bookmarks, history icon can be used in widgets to display browser bookmarks and history in a dialog:
In the dialog you can see the bookmarks in white and history items in blue. By default these items are sorted by number of visits but you can sort by name and last visited time too. If you click on an item then browser opens to display the selected url. If you have more then one browser installed you can long click to select the browser you would like to use to open the link:
From this version of Elixir if you don't have TeslaLED installed then flash toggle opens an empty, white screen with maximum brightness that can be used as a flashlight even on devices without a flash. If you have TeslaLED installed you can use this new screen too, you can set on the widget editor screen if you would like to use the flash and/or the white screen. Just click long on the flash toggle icon and you can select one of the use flash and use screen options to change these values. You can close the white screen by clicking anywhere on the screen.
Change bluetooth state dialog
If you click long on the bluetooth toggle icon on the widget editor screen you can select the Set open dialog option to set the toggle to open the new dialog instead of changing the bluetooth state:
Widget label colors (donators only)
It is possible to set label color for every icon of the widget. You should open the widget editor, click long on an icon and select the Set label color to modify the color of the label. After you set the color you can use the default color again by selecting the Clear label color option. For an on/off toggle you can set different colors for the on/off states by selecting the Set label color - on/off options. The similar methods can be used to set notification color for unread email count, unread messages count and missed calls widgets:
On the following screenshot you can see how you can use this new feature:
- the first widget uses different label colors for on and off states of toggles
- the second widget uses different label colors to look well on this colorful background
- the third widget uses different colors for every icons and uses red color for email notification
If you open the color dialog then the previously used color will be set as default color. So you can easily set the same color for multiple icons. For example if you would like to set gray color for off states and green color for on states then set gray for one toggle and after it set grey for other toggles before you set the green colors. If you do so then you can click on Ok right after the color dialog appears because it will display the same color used before.
What is new
- Recent tasks: new screen; new option in running applications widget; new recent application widget
- Stay awake: new stay awake toggle with wake lock feature; available for widgets, profiles and device information screen
- New refresh widget toggle with the option to refresh the current widget or every widgets
- Usb tethering toggle fix for ICS using the system add-on
- System add-on: download apk, usb tethering toggle for ICS
- Other small changes, bugfixes (sd mount toggle)
There is a new recent tasks screen available from Elixir 2 if you click on the running icon on the main page. This screen displays recent tasks with the most recent being first and older ones after in order:
The Running applications widget has a new recent applications option. If you select this option then clicking on the icon will open a dialog with recent applications:
And there is a new Recent application widget which displays an application from the recent applications list. You can set the index of the application in the recent applications list and the refresh rate too. Adding multiple icons with this type to your widget will create a dynamic list of applications which changes from time to time:
You can change stay awake setting from Elixir now. If you open the device information screen and click on the battery or display row there is a new Change stay awake option where you can change this setting:
This toggle can be used in widgets too:
You can set to toggle between states or to open the setting dialog:
There is a stay awake always option which uses the wake lock method to keep your device awake. Don't use this setting for long because it can drain your battery faster.
Refresh widget toggle
There is a new Refresh widget toggle you can use in widgets. If you click on the toggle then the widget will be refreshed or you can set if you would like to refresh every other widgets too. It can be useful if you use icons with refresh rates, for example Unread email count, Memory, Running applications, etc and set refresh rate to a large value. In this case you can refresh the state of these icons by clicking on the refresh toggle.
The new release of system add-on makes it possible to download system add-on apk if you would like to use the adb tool to convert it to a system app. This version makes it possible for ICS devices to toggle usb tethering too.
What is new
- New widgets: usb debugging toggle, data roaming toggle, background data toggle
- System add-on: gps, usb debugging, data romaing and background data toggles work with one-click if you convert this add-on to a system application
- Statusbar and shortcut widgets: the notification area (on ICS) and widget window closes automatically if you click on an icon
- Applications screen: sort by code/cache/data/total size
- Open "Data usage" screen on ICS from device information screen and action picker
- Widget customization: setting of maximize icons without label or not
- Other small changes, bugfixes
There are three new toggles which can be used in widgets:
- usb debugging toggle
- data roaming toggle
- background data toggle
All of these toggles opens the settings screen by default because only system applications can change these settings. If you have a rooted device then there is a way to make them work directly. The following section will describe this method.
A new System add-on is released which is a very minimal add-on to Elixir 2 and Elixir 2 - Widgets. If you have a rooted, s-off device then you can convert this application to a system application using Titanium backup pro, adb tool or other method. Of course you can convert the main app or the widget app to a system application too but there are few advantages to use the system add-on:
- you need to convert only this add-on and my other apps can use this feature without converting them too
- this add-on has a very small size and it is possible that the system partition doesn't have a lot of free space
Converting to a system application makes it possible to change the following settings directly:
- toggle gps
- toggle background data
- toggle data roaming
- toggle usb debugging
Statusbar widgets works as expected (directly from the notification area) only from ICS. From this version of Elixir 2 if you click on an icon of the statusbar widget then the notification area will be closed automatically. It is very useful if you click on an application launcher or any other icon which opens a new screen. The situation is not so clear if you click on a toggle. Somebody wants to close the notification area in this case, somebody doesn't. So there is a new Always close widget option on the widget editor which determines if you would like the widget to be closed if you click on a toggle or not:
The same method is working for shortcut widgets too or for statusbar widgets which can open only widget window (pre-ICS devices).
Sort applications by different sizes
Now you can sort applications by cache / code / data / total size if you click on the list icon in the header:
Maximize icons without label or not
The new setting is useful only when there are icons with and without label in the same row. For example if you put a status widget and a toggle widget in the same row and set hide toggle labels. You can set if you would like the toggle icon to be the same size as other icons or it should be maximized. You can see on the screenshots how this setting works:
What is new
- New default widget icons and 2 new icon packs
- Widgets: layout fix, update fix, better performance
- Spanish language
- Other small changes, bugfixes
Please welcome the new default icon pack of Elixir 2, I hope you will like it:
There is a downloadable dark version of default icon pack too:
Gál István has created a nice SonyEricsson Style icon pack for Elixir 2 for public use:
What is new
- Volume dialog: separate Ring and Notification volumes for ICS devices
- Report screen: generating sensitive data into the report can be disabled/enabled
- Top screen: displays application icon and name if available
- New mobile network toggle: displays network type and opens the system setting screen
- Running application widget dialog: displays process and task ids
- Color chooser dialog: display/set rgb values
- Permanent cache makes picking an application much faster
- Lock toggle is more stable
- Other small changes, bugfixes in logcat screen, donation screen
There is two new features in the volume dialog. The first one is that if Use incoming call volume for notifications is checked at system settings than the volume dialog displays a Ring & Notification seek bar instead of displaying separate ones:
In Android 4.0 (ICS) Google linked ringtone and notification volumes together so you cannot set different volume levels for them. In this version of Elixir 2 there is a workaround to solve the problem. The Phone ring stream name is displayed in red and it means that this setting is not a system but an Elixir setting. When phone starts ringing then Elixir changes notification volume to this value and changes back at the end of ringing. So it can simulate separate volume levels for ring and notification.
It is important that this workaround works only if you place a volume toggle into a home screen or statusbar widget because the running background service is needed.
Sensitive data in reports
On the report screen there is a new Include sensitive data checkbox which is unchecked by default. This means that the generated report won't contain sensitive data like these:
- account information
- telephony: device id, cell location, phone number, cell info, sim serial
- wifi: hostname, mac address, ip address, bssid, ssid, dhcp data, last scan results
- serial id
- settings: android id, next alarm
The top screen displays application name and icon if possible:
Mobile network toggle
There is a new toggle which can be used in widgets. This Mobile network toggle displays network type as label and 2G, 3G or 4G icon depending on the current network type. If you click on the toggle the system setting screen opens to make it faster to disable 4G or 3G. It is not possible to disable 4G or 3G for a third-party apps in Android.
Color chooser dialog
There are three new text fields at the bottom of the dialog to display rgb values in decimal format. You can set these values too if you click on them:
What is new
- Volume dialog: sound of changing volume can be turned off
- Brightness toggle: opens a smarter dialog, slider and percent buttons can be used together
- New wallpaper dialog: change wallpaper faster, custom images can be set too
- New battery time widget: displays the time the device is on charge/battery
- Mobile/Wifi traffic widget: can reset traffic counter to be able to measure traffic
- Contact widget: the Elixir menu has a new design to look better
- Running processes: can kill a single process on rooted devices
- Profiles: stop application, change wallpaper action
- Statusbar percent icons: use the larger, new Roboto font introduced in ICS
- Empty widget slot: can be used as a custom slot; icon, label and action can be set
- Other small changes, bugfixes: icon resize fix, widget layout fix, wifi ap toggle fox for ICS...
There is a new sound toggle on the volume dialog to enable/disable sound of changing volume. If this option is enabled while you are using the slider the device will play a sound to check current volume level. If you turn this option off then changing volume will be silent:
If you click long on the Brightness toggle on the widget editor screen you can set to open dialog instead of changing brightness to the next level. The opening dialog is smarter than before because you can use the slider to set any brightness level and you can use the buttons too to set the level faster. These buttons display the levels you can set on the widget editor screen:
Changing wallpaper is a new feature in Elixir. If you click on the display row on the Device information screen there is a new Change wallpaper option. If you select this option a dialog appears where you can:
- set a system wallpaper by clicking on Set wallpaper
- set the default wallpaper by clicking on Default wallpaper
- set a live wallpaper by clicking on Live wallpaper
- set a custom image by clicking on Pick image
- the last 5 custom images are stored and displayed and can be activated/removed by clicking/long clicking on the list item
You can use the new Wallpaper toggle in a widget to open the wallpaper dialog or this dialog can be opened as a shortcut too.
By using this new toggle it is possible now to change wallpaper by selecting a profile and use different custom wallpapers for different profiles.
Reset traffic counters
If you click on the mobile or wifi traffic icon in a widget a new dialog appears where you can reset the traffic counter. You can use this new feature to measure network traffic:
New dialog for contact menu
Here you can see the new look of contact menu:
The title of the dialog is the name of the contact. You can view or edit the contact profile screen by clicking on the View or Edit buttons. The icon in every row indicates if you would like to write an email, call the number or write a message by clicking on the list item.